Wednesday, April 1, 2009

The View from the Tower

One of the things we like best about Mountain Tower is the view. It's about 180 degrees - from Mt. LeConte on the left to Ober Gatlinburg on the right. Take a look.

The picture below is a panorama shot taken in the Spring, before the leaves are really filling out the trees. Notice the mistletoe growing in the tall tree on the left.

Here's roughly the same view in the fall, with the leaves turning colors

And winter also offers some great views, with the snow on the mountains and the clouds always changing.

One of the fun things to do is to watch the tram from downtown Gatlinburg arrive at Ober Gatlinburg. On this picture, Ober Gatlinburg is the white spot, just to the left of the middle grouping of houses. The tram is about 3/4 of inch left of that white spot (someday I'll figure out how to put an arrow on this picture to help you find it). Ober Gatlinburg is about two miles (as the crow flies) from Mountain Tower.

1 comment:

  1. I don't think I could ever get tired of looking at these photos. I think I relax a little every time I see them!

    ReplyDelete